Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Cross the Pond to the British Isles via Online Course

I think I am going to take this course! I received the following announcement from the National Genealogical Society and I am very interested in the topic. I have heard great things about the instructor, Sherry Irvine, and Pharos courses in general. Would you like to join me for the course? I will post a review when I finish.

My British Isles Origins: Where and How Do I Cross the Pond?

Pharos Teaching and Tutoring Ltd of the UK, in partnership with NGS, is once again presenting My British Isles Origins: Where and How Do I Cross the Pond? This four-week online learning course begins on 18 October 2012 and is designed to show genealogists with British ancestry how to “leap the pond” and discover their roots in the British Isles.

My British Isles Origins: Where and How Do I Cross the Pond? offers students a mixture of history, population study, sources, and research strategies. Its primary objectives are to present practical guidance for launching research into the British origins of immigrant ancestors and to offer help on building contextual knowledge of migration patterns and history, at national and local levels. The presenter is Sherry Irvine, BA (History), MSc, CG, of Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada.

For more information on the course, visit the course web page on the NGS website at http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/pharos_public.

NGS members who register through the NGS website at http://www.ngsgenealogy.org/cs/pharos_public will receive a 15% discount which brings the cost of the course to $55.25.  

No comments:

Post a Comment